Friday, December 7, 2012

XXX-mas at the Kystal


Krystal Bourbon Street
I want all of you to know my joy in rediscovering the Krystal on Bourbon Street, just up the block from Galatoire's which is also much favored by the locals for that special-occasion lunch. I had two chili-cheese "pups" today (equivalent to one, grown-up chili-cheese dog) heaped with onions sliced as thin as toenail clippings. God, was that ever good!

And what restaurant in town has a view to match? I love taking in the passing parade through the big picture windows, especially shoppers darting in and out of Hustler Larry Flynt's leather, lingerie and love toy shop across the street. Scenes like this do much to promote XXX-mas cheer, I think, although not as widely or  effectively as the infamous Alabama teabagger of holidays past at the Kystal.

 

5 comments:

  1. I think I just developed a case of heartburn ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's why it's a special-occasion sort of place. I should have been more emphatic on that point, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's got to be good fun, watching folks scurry out of the sex shop while enjoying a chili cheese pup. Maybe a bit Freudian though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There goes the silly myth that locals never eat at chains. Bravo! Nice pic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Red: Perhaps. But to paraphrase the good Dr. Freud: "Remember, gentlemen, a chili pup is also a chili pup."
    @Charlotte: I like chains. Whips too. Triple-X for lunch hour! Yay!

    ReplyDelete